How to style your jutti from casual to office look?
‘History repeats itself’. While these words of wisdom are practical in all walks of life when it comes to fashion, history repeats itself with a stylish twist and that makes it a remarkable repeat (sometimes). One such case is the comeback of traditional juttis that have been revamped as ‘Contemporary Juttis’. According to the Co-Founders, Sakshi and Varinda Handa of the brand Tinkling Toes, the petite traditional juttis have made a revolutionary comeback.
From intricate traditional embroideries to new-age finesse, the varied range of juttis is here to stay. The best part of these juttis is that they suit women of all age groups. Style experts believe that the use of silk threads, beads and sequins, make them apt for all sorts of dressing. Silk threads are used in bridal wear, the brand took a knack in these traditional materials and produced quirky and fashion-forward footwear. The revival of trend is credited to these young-age designers who took the risk and redefined the traditional juttis which were earlier available in black, brown and beige.
According to the duo sisters, when the trend made a comeback 5 years back it was expected to disappear after a brief fanfare. The reason it made a huge buzz is the addition of comfort and finish, which lacked earlier. If trend researchers are to be believed, the older version lacked finishing and the biggest drawback of those juttis was uncomfortable soles. Today, these juttis have been soaked in the beauty of vibrant colours that are utmost comfortable and uses leather sole for better durability, that swing easily between elegantly ethnic to boldly bohemian.
The diversity of these juttis can be seen in colleges, where girls pair it with a t-shirt and jeans to add a fusion twist to the look. Interestingly, these juttis have made it to creative offices too, where people pair it with printed shirts and t-shirts as comfort casual wear on the weekends. From small boutiques to high-end footwear players, everyone is cashing in the market due to a wide range of scope these juttis offers. The online market has given a wide scope to the players to invest in these juttis that are made in a couple of days and require very less investment. According to the market players, the basic ones are cost-effective when produced in bulk, but the heavily embroidered pieces are made in order to avoid any loss and wastage.
If you are also tempted by the versatility of this traditional Indian footwear, here are some style picks that can be your fashion police to guide and explore.
- Pair the geometric thread work jutti with denim and top for a casual look.
- Pair the pitta embroidery jutti with your maxi dress it’s a perfect combination of Indian style and high-end fashion.
- Juttis with strongly pierced uncut stone looks great with skirts and palazzos. This unique design is based on the age-old principle of kanso which highlights the principle of harmony in today’s life and reinforces simple beauty, making it a clear for any occasion.
- You can ever wear avant-garde thread work juttis with cotton or chiffon sari for a bohemian look.
- Club your statement juttis with flowy gowns for a relaxing look.
- Pair the pop of neon coloured yellow stones and aesthetically curated mirror glazed sequins jutti with dhoti pant for an evening look. From orange to yellow, the design variation plays a distinct role an impeccable detailing on the upper portion along with a comfortable fit to your precious toes.
(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of HelloPost.)