Aerial Yoga and its Benefits
Aerial Yoga is the latest offering on the road to good health. Certain aspects of our lives like food, fashion and similarly, fitness require constant reinvention. As times change, trends change too and evolve creating a demand for solutions that suit contemporary needs. Any practice that is ingrained into our daily habits tends to become lacklustre if it continues to be an exercise in monotony. To cater to changing tastes, dynamic innovation is key.
Aerial Yoga perfectly fills the gap with this new and exciting fitness methodology. Its high- quality yoga hammock acts like a swing or soft trapeze, supporting the hips for forwarding bends and backward bends. Aerial Yoga provides a total body workout for practitioners of all ages. Movements performed in this form ensure that every part of the body moves and stretches. This tones the muscles, strengthen and lubricates the joints.
Benefits of Aerial Yoga
- Decompresses and oils the vertebral discs in your spinal column to prevent them from becoming stiff with time
- Lengthens the Spine
- Heals Back problems
- Circulation of blood improves thus combating ageing and its symptoms.
- Aerial yoga also helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which lowers the onset of various cardiovascular issues.
- Aerial yoga improves your neural connections and memory
- During inversions, there is an increased flow of fresh blood to the capillaries in the face leading to glowing skin
- New habits form new brain patterns and neural pathways, thus enhancing one’s ability to learn
- Reverses the ageing process by mobilizing all the joints in the body
- By tackling fears, self-esteem is boosted
- Muscular tension is released
- The endocrine, lymphatic, digestive and circulatory systems are rejuvenated
- Kinaesthetic awareness is improved
- Weight Loss
- Boosts digestive system, helping heal various digestion-related issues, including constipation and indigestion.
The hammock makes it easier to perform Yoga postures than when on the ground. Aerial movements release tension from the bones and muscles thereby increasing flexibility and deepening your practice. Not just a fun workout, Aerial Yoga provides the practitioners with some serious benefits from building strength, increasing spinal and shoulder flexibility and allows your spine to lengthen through the hanging motion.
If this was not enough, Aerial Yoga practice can even cause a growth in height. By decompressing the spinal column and aligning the body from head to toe, it boosts the production of the growth hormone to make you taller. The numerous health benefits that it offers along with the element of fun it brings to the workout makes it an attractive fitness option.
Inputs by Grand Master Akshar, an internationally acclaimed yoga master, spiritual guide, lifestyle coach, and a yoga entrepreneur